Newbie - Configuration 8i Lite

From: Cumberland Technologies <plrehm_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 2000/06/23

Hi DBA's
Environment: Win 98 - Standalone - Oracle 8i Lite

I'm a BPR/ functional Apps guy who's trying to learn SQL cause I have to have it for a Workflow class I've signed up for. I've recently downloaded 8i Lite and have "successfully" installed it but I've had difficulty connecting to the database thru SQL*Plus. Says it can't connect. ORA-12203.

Amonst other things, I tried to look at the configuration thru the ODBC Configurator but got an error message that the version of a DLL and an EXE were incompatible. (probably caused by a prior MS driver "upgrade"). I changed one file to be compatible but got the same message with a new DLL/EXE combination. I don't want to go down a slippery slope of changing all of the DLL's if there's going to be an endless iteration of them and then have other programs that won't work.

Can anyone point me to a place where I can get the most recent version of the ODBC's (EXE and DLL)? I went to MS but they provided me with a file from late 1996. Don't think that's the one.

Thanks for any help rendered.

Best regards,
Peter Rehm Received on Fri Jun 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT