Re: Create Tablespaces

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/06/22

The problem is that the user does not have any quota privileges on that tablespace. You can change this by:

ALTER USER username QUOTA (20M or UNLIMITED) ON tablespace_name;

You can either assign a limit (such as 20MBytes) or an unlimited amount of space on the tablespace.

The DBA role does not have UNLIMITED TABLESPACE. If you want the user to have an unlimited quota on ALL tablespace, then:

GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO username;

But I'm guessing that you don't really want this user to have DBA privileges. What you might want to start with is granting the CONNECT and RESOURCE roles to the user. When you grant the RESOURCE role to a user, the UNLIMITED TABLESPACE privilege is granted as well.

HTH,
Brian

schmidm_at_kta95.com wrote:

> I have created a tablespace using the system account. i have created a
> user. I want the user to be able to create tables in the tablespace,
> but I keep getting the error ORA-01950 - no privileges on
> tablesapce '<name>'. I granted DBA priveleges to this user, but I
> still get this error.
>
> Any suggestions as to a good 'starter' manual for database setup,
> etc.?
>
> Thanks
> MS
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/