Re: Oracle Certification - Study Material

From: <sbenitez_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/22

Brainbench.com has some free certification tests you can take and even get a "Certification" from them. Also, Self Test Software provides both sample and full question sets you can purchase for I believe $99 per test. They come with something like 250 questions on each test. The samples provide I believe 20 questions. I took the O7 DBA test and used the exam cram guides. They were pretty close. I am in the process of studying for the O8 upgrade, so unfortunately, I can't tell you what to expect on the full O8 tests as far as study material.

Scott

In article <8isvnj$tvs$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   japs1_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I wish to study for the Oracle8 DBA OCP exam.
>
> I will be doing this on my own (ie. not provided by employer), and
 have
> looked into the Computer Based Training (CBT) route, rather than
> Instructor led training.
>
> The problem is, when I looked into the price of the CBT's that support
> this exam, I noticed the pack of 5 was $2999.00.
>
> Well, unfortunately this is WELL outside my budget, and I was
 wondering
> if anyone had any other ideas of how to study for the exams.
>
> Does anyone know where I can buy the CBT's second hand?
>
> Are there any good books that would support the exam content.
>
> I have been working as an Oracle applications designer/developer and a
> little DBA over the last 4 years, and have been in general systems
> design/development for 10 years in total.
>
> I want to start to get more of an appreciation of the DBA side and
> thought that studying for, and sitting the Oracle8 DBA OCP exam would
> be a good start.
>
> Any help is most greatly appreciated.
>
> Japs1.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jun 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT