Launching a stored procedure asynchronously

From: <jay_at_allardworks.com>
Date: 2000/06/22

Hello

I'm not sure if this is going to the best forum or not, but thought I'd give it a shot.

An ASP page is going to instantiate a DLL. I'd like that DLL to connect to an oracle database, launch a stored procedure, and then return control to the ASP. The stored procedure may take several minutes (or more) to run, so I'd like it to run asynchronously.

One way to do this is to have the DLL launch an EXE which does the work. However, if there's a way to do it via oracle, I'd rather do it that way.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jay

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jun 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT