Re: copy data from one database to another

From: John Blackburn <John.D.Blackburn_at_transport.qld.gov.au>
Date: 2000/06/22

Another way to do this is with the SQL*Plus copy command:

copy from scott/tiger_at_connect_string replace cbr_user - using select * from cbr_user

use the variables ARRAYSIZE and COPYCOMMIT to set the size of batches and how often a commit is performed. If COPYCOMMIT is zero, then the copy command will not commit until all rows have been coppied.

(very useful if rollback segment usage is an issue)

cheers,
John.