Re: What privs do other users need for my tables???

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/06/22

Normal priviliges are
select, insert, update, delete
Prior to Oracle 8.0 update privilege implied select privilege. This has been changed to conform with standards.
Alter privilege doesn't belong to the normal set. It gives all your users the privilege to alter the structure of your table. IMHO grant select any sequence should also be used with caution. Of course all the users would also need either a private or a public synonym to your table, in order to avoid hardcoded tableowners.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA