Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: <effler_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/06/21

In article <8io2i7$9kf$13$1_at_news.t-online.com>,   "Andreas Nonnenmacher" <anonnenmacher_at_anno.de> wrote:
> I've got a problem connecting to the oracle database through the
 Oracle
> Enterprise Manager. The database and the Oracle Enterprise Manager
 are both
> installed on the same machine (NT 4.0, Oracle 8.1.5).
> I can connect to the database with any of the tools delivered, only
 when I
> start the Oracle Management Console and enter the
 credentials "sysman" and
> "oem_temp" for the default administrator I get the message "Unable to
> connect to the Oracle management server", although a connect through
> "mycomputer:1521:dbname" works fine with the Security or Instance
 manager.
> As the managment server I'm using my local computer name, i.e.
> "mycomputer.mydomain.com". That's what Oracle is offering me if I'm
 adding a
> new management server.
>
> Can anyone out there help me?
>
> CU
> Andrew

You have to install for OEM Console several things

at Database-serverside a agent should run (you will see it in in InstanceManager as USER dbsnmp). Start tis agent in lsnrctl with dbsnmp_start

at Client (there where your OEM will run) you have to First:
create a reposititory(in OEM Config Assistant). The repository is just a second database in which your data about the first database is stored. Thus is because you may start and shut database from OEM. when you take your first database as repository, startup database will not work from OEM.

second:
Start OMS => in DOS-Fenster oemctrl => start oms

third:
OEM Console starten you login at the repository!!!

fourth:
"detect" and plug in your "first" Database at OEM- Console "Navigator"=>"Discover-Nodes"

fifth:
connect at yor "first" database

The goal of OEM is to manager a lot of databases at different nodes with one tool

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jun 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT