ASCII question, browser converting characters incorrectly

From: <lvcampbell_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/21

One of my developers posed this question to me and I was curious if anyone had any ideas. Our character set is USASCII7.

The problem that we are having is that when we edit certain areas of content, special character codes like &copy; and &149; are translated by the browser as © and • respectively. Thus when we save the changes from the browser(perform an update) the ASCII characters themselves are being saved to the database... but Oracle does not seem to support these characters and instead saves something like a period (.) or a box ( ).

Any ideas on how to keep these characters coded as they were originally?

Thanks,

Laine

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jun 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT