Accessing Sample files on local machine

From: Nadine Misiaszek <nadine_at_mail.sdsu.edu>
Date: 2000/06/21

I just installed Oracle 8i client for Win NT. Our server does not yet have the software and so I wanted to work with the sample files that come with the client CD and do some practice SQL+. My installation went well. I used Net8 Easy Config. I just made up a name for the Net Service: "Sample". Used IPC Local. Took the suggested Key Value: ORCL. Got another page asking for Service Name and did not know what to do. I put in Sample or Test. It took it in. Error ORA-12541 TNS - no listener.

Do I really need to do something with Net8 to access my own machine? Without it I cannot log in successfully to SQL+. I get ORA - 12560 TNS - protocol adapter error.

TIA Received on Wed Jun 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT