ORA-01041 - Hostdef doesn't exist - Help!

From: John Dorlon <jdorlon_at_diamondcontrol.com>
Date: 2000/06/21

Does anyone know exactly what this means? All I am doing is running a bunch of inserts and updates, the inserts work fine, but the most of the updates are giving me this error.

  I looked up the error in the Oracle documentation, but it isn't very useful. This is what it says :

ORA-01041 internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist Cause: Pointer to HSTDEF extension in HSTDEF is null. Action: Contact Oracle Customer Support.

My company has to cough up $$ if we want to call Oracle, so I'm hoping I won't have to.

Thanks in advance,

-John Received on Wed Jun 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT