Trying to call a stored procedure via a client program

From: Keith L. Norris <kln_at_gate.net>
Date: 2000/06/20

Hello Knowledge Source,

I am trying to connect to an Oracle8 database via my front-end Access97 program. For some reason my connect string won't work for me. I get an error message saying an ODBC call failed. I do, however, successfully connect to the same database in Oracle8 using ODBCDirect by creating a workspace and opening a connection. The same connection string I use to open my connection in the ODBCDirect Workspace will not work as the connection string in the pass-through query. Have you ever heard of or experienced such a thing? Doesn't this sound very strange? Could this sort of the happen? To me a connection string that was used to open an ODBCDirect workspace should be able to be used as a connection string in a pass-through query. If you have heard of or experienced such a thing, please let me know how it was resolved.

I am using DAO if that is not apparent.

Thanks,
Keith Received on Tue Jun 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT