Re: Intro to Oracle: SQL and PL/SQL

From: Rich Mycroft <rich.mycroft_at_synchrologic.com>
Date: 2000/06/20

My experience with this kind of stuff suggests that just taking these classes and expecting to get a job is pretty much a waste of time. A friend of mine is an OCP and cannot get a job as she has no prior programming/db work experience. No matter what the media say in my experience companies bleat about not having enough people but what they really mean are experienced, buzz word compliant people willing to work for as little as possible. The only real way in is usually to get 4 year degree and start programming. I'm sure some others may have worked things out via the 'tech training' route, but their numbers seem to be quite small. My 2c.

Rich