Re: Security advice needed

From: Tom Zamani <tomz_at_redflex.com.au>
Date: 2000/06/20

there are few things that you need to do. First SSL, which make the data transfer between client and server encrypted. When login from web try not to connect the user directly to the schema owner, create another user which all it does is executing modules on other schemas.
You do not have to encrypt all the information in the database, one way of deciding which one needs to be encrypted is, in order to find who is the user, what information do you need ?, name ,phone number, address, etc. all these information needs to be encrypted the rest are not that important. make sure on the login page there is no caching.

Tom

Michael D'Annunzio <nms1_at_cyberus.ca> wrote in message news:8ig2rp$1rps$1_at_news2.ottawa.cyberus.ca...
> Hello
>
> I am developing a web site that uses HTML and ASP pages to access an
 Oracle