Advice for newbie getting into DBA admin.

From: <dknite_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 2000/06/19

Hello,

I have recently decided that I want to become an oracle dba. I have been in accounting for most of my career and want to make the switch to the tech side. I have worked briefly at by old job doing some system admin. I think that our system was using Oracle 7.03 in top of a unix box.

I want to do some study at home to see if I really like this or not. Can anyone suggest which version of oracle to start on Oracle8 or Oracle 8i and what version of unix I should use. I know that there are about 6 flavors of unix out there. I want to set up my own database at home and try and learn from there before I spend thousands of smackers going to oracle class.

Most appreciated
David Received on Mon Jun 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT