Help with dificult migration problem

From: Don Hunter <News_at_HunterX.com>
Date: 2000/06/19

I have an application that requires the storage of images within the database. From what little I know I believe I am best using 8.1.6 as opposed to 7.3.4. Unfortunately I will not have 8.1.6 available, on UNIX, until later this year.
I have the option of developing it on an NT platform now in 8.1.6 then migrating it to the UNIX platform (my company's approved standard) later this year, or developing in 7.3.4, on UNIX, now and migrating to 8.1.6 later this year.

What I need is some sort of pro's and con's list, or some documentation that will help me determine what is the best approach.

Could someone please point me at any documentation that will assist me.

TIA
T.D.Hunter Received on Mon Jun 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT