Access 97 to Pre-Existing Oracle Table

From: Veto Hunter <veto_at_erols.com>
Date: 2000/06/16

We're trying to move data from an Access 97 table to a pre-existing Oracle 8.1.6 table. We can do it programmatically, but would like to do it with a tool which utilizes an ODBC connection.

There is an Access utility to export a table to an ODBC data source, but the utility creates a new table.

Presently, we export the Access table to a pipe-delimited file and import it into Oracle using SQL*Loader. We want to get around this by using a straight ODBC connection.

Thanks.

A wise man knows everything....A shrewd one, everybody - Chinese Proverb veto_at_erols.com