Oracle Built-in Packages - DBMS_RANDOM

From: David <dschmidt_at_uniscape.com>
Date: 2000/06/16

DBMS_RANDOM does not install by default after my Typical 8.1.5 i Server install.

Expected DBMS_RANDOM to be loaded by the catalog.sql or catproc.sql scripts.

The other Oracle Built-in Packages DBMS_SESSION, DBMS_ALERT, DBMS_PIPE and DBMS_JOB all loaded.

For you information DBMS_RANDOM is a random number generator package new to 8x. The package must exist and be loaded prior to the installation a paticular 3rd party package.

select * from user_objects where object_name = 'DBMS_RANDOM';

  0

Thank you in advance !!!

Regards,
David

PS: We are not writing Oracle packages, we just want to install one, therefore we will holding off on purchasing the O'REILLY book for now. Received on Fri Jun 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT