Query Performance question

From: Pedio <pedio_at_iname.com>
Date: 2000/06/15

Hi,

I have question on the SQL query performance issue. I really need to know which statement would perform better. I know they might have different on bulky database, yet, I don't have enough dataset to perform testing as the system just in development stage. Would anyone please tell me which of the following statement would perform faster and how the searching critea runs?

1.
select * from table_A where Key1 in (select Key1 from table_B) and key2 in (select Key2 from table_C)

2.
select * from table_A a, table_B b, table_C c where a.Key1 = b.Key1 and a.Key2 = c.Key2

Thanks in advance!

Davy Received on Thu Jun 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT