Re: OCP DBA

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/15

In article <20000615021613.15791.00000581_at_ng-fh1.aol.com>,   drodrigu1_at_aol.com (DRODRIGU1) wrote:
> Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the OCP tests are made right
 from the
> contents of the books you receive at the Instructor based training;
 therefore
> making easier to study if you pay the big bucks.
>
> DR

I do not think the examinations are directly from the student books, but the examination questions appear to be limited to the topics covered by the student notes, and to be based on the same source as the student notes for the material. My view is that the student notes are the most effective study material for passing the tests. They take a lot less time to read than the manuals, but the manuals provide a lot of material and depth missing from the student materials that a DBA needs to know to be a truely effective DBA.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.