Updating info

From: Deborah Carter <dcarter_at_cnfei.com>
Date: 2000/06/14

I am trying to increase the speed of a procedure that updates information in a very large table according to changes made to a smaller table. The procedure is taking almost half an hour. I've tested the select statements in the cursors I'm using and that portion seems to only take 1 1/2 minutes. I believe the consumption of time is in checking the data before updating and the update itself. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this part faster. All help is appreciated. Thanks.

Deborah Carter
Developer Received on Wed Jun 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT