I can't use Enterprise Manager with Oracle for Linux 8.1.6

From: Jean-Christophe Boggio <cat_at_creaweb.fr>
Date: 2000/06/13

Hi,

Oracle 8.1.6 (just a debugged version of 8.1.5) is correctly installed on my machine, dbsnmp is started and even vppd (the data gatherer). I'm trying to launch the OEM console (v 2.0.4) from a win98 machine (user SYS). I get an error that says :

"VTK-100 : unable to connect to management server miaou.thefreecat.org. Please verify that you have entered the correct name and status of the Oracle Management Server."

I have seen references to this "Oracle Management Server" in the many docs I have read but I still don't know :

I have tried launching the performance manager that comes with the "Diagnostics pack" (user : sys, password : change_on_install, management server : miaou.thefreecat.org) :

snmp_ro.ora and snmp_rw.ora created by dbsnmp seem correct.

What did I miss ?

Thanks for your help.

--
Jean-Christophe Boggio