Newbie: Oracle logging facility

From: Jeffrey Mark Braun <jeffb_at_halcyon.com>
Date: 2000/06/13

I want to log exceptions which occur in my stored procedures, and I was using a table I created to save this information, but in some cases I want to rollback all the modications in my transation, but of course this means any inserts I've made to the logging table will be rolled back as well, and thus I lose my logging information.

I understand Oracle has some sort of logging facility which exists outside the current transaction, to deal with this situation. Can someone tell me what this facilties is (perhaps point me to a technet.oracle.com page for more info). Also, if you have an example of this in use that would great.

Thanks.

Jeff Braun

p.s.
Any messages sent directly to me I will repost for others to learn from. Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT