Re: DSN in SQL Plus line?

From: Robert Wagner <RobertWagner_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 2000/06/13

Unfortunately, I'm in Windows NT, not UNIX.

I just now figured it out! (Thanks for starting my creative juices.):

Invoke the following script in the /nologin mode. The script then prompts the installer for name and password, CONNECTs, and performs the main part of the script:

ACCEPT INSTALLER PROMPT 'Please enter your Oracle User Name:' DEFINE USERPROMPT = 'Please Enter Password for &INSTALLER'; ACCEPT IPSWD PROMPT '&USERPROMPT' HIDE;
CONNECT &INSTALLER/&IPSWD_at_ROBERT.WORLD
-- (Remainder of script follows)

Thanks again >>> Robert

"David Van Zandt" <dvanzandt_at_iquest.net> wrote in message news:3945A69D.5CC9AA1B_at_iquest.net...
> I've seen an example in UNIX in which the USER and PASSWORD are set as
> variables, then passed to your script, e.g.,
>
> USER = scott; export USER
> PWD = tiger; export TIGER
> SQLPLUS $USER/$PWD@$ORACLE_SID <<EOF
> code
> exit
> EOF
>
> HTH,
> Dave Van Zandt
> Alcoa
>

> Robert Wagner wrote:
> >
> > OK, here's one more question:
> >
> > How do I handle it when I know the DSN but _don't know_ the username.
 For