Workaround for > 1000 columns?

From: <carlona_at_georgetown.edu>
Date: 2000/06/12

Hey, guys. I seem to have a problem.

Oracle has decided that I don't need a table with more than 1000 columns, and rather than give me enough rope to hang my database and the computer it runs on, it won't let me create one. I feel I have just such a need, however, and splitting it into two tables would be a major hassle, especially from a user's perspective (having >1000 variables is bad enough without having to look for which table the right variable is in).

Does anyone know about a workaround for this? I can't create views with
> 1000 columns either, but are there any other view-like items/options?
 This lousy rule (a round number like 1000 -- as opposed to something like 1024 -- has to be arbitrary) might throw another complication into our project, which I dislike.

Thanks a lot!

Andrew Carlon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jun 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT