oracle 8i lite and windows 98

From: <faisalk4_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/11

I recently downloaded and installed oracle 8i lite on my laptop running windows98 SE. Although oracle technet specifies the download to be for windowsNT/95/98 the program group created was "oracle for windows 95". When I open sql 8.0 a message pops up saying that sqlplus may not work correctly due to "operating system enhancements" on windows 98. And indeed when i run certain queries they generate an error in oracle lite but the same queries on the same database run flawlessly in my desktop installation of oracle 8i. Wondering if anyone else experienced similar problems with 8i lite and has any suggestions to work around this problem.

thanks..
Faisal

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Jun 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT