Info on used tablespace

From: Rob Zwartjes <rzwartje_at_robz.HOSTNAME>
Date: 2000/06/10

Hello there,

I was busy inserting data in my default user tablespace(10Mb) when I got the message that no more data could be inserted. So I made a new tablespace of 750 Mb ( don't start laughing I think everybody started small ). I know oracle warns when thinks go nasty. See the first line :). To prevent this happening again, I want to check how much space is used at the current moment. Reading through the pdf files I found the following script:

	select tablespace_name "Tablespace",file_id
	count(*) "pieces",
	max(blocks) "maximum",
	min(blocks) "minimum",
	avg(blocks) "average",
	sum(blocks) "total"
	from sys.dba_free_space
	where tablespace_name=<name>
	group by tablespace_name,file_id;
When running this script I got the following message:
	no rows selected
For <name> I enterd the tablespace name in wich I got from the script:
	select file_name,bytes,tablespace_name
	from sys.dba_data_files;

I logged in oracle as system
manager and as normal user, both with the same result. The tablespace does exist because I am working with it :).

Can anybody help me here.

Thanks in advance,
Rob Received on Sat Jun 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT