Re: order by info_date

From: David Van Zandt <dvanzandt_at_iquest.net>
Date: 2000/06/10

Puzzling, to my poor Pooh brain. The order you say you want appears to be ascending upon the actual (entire) date, but the descending qualifier should have given you 2000 prior to 1999, etc.

Two thoughts are either you have a problem with the underlying data, or a problem with your NLS_DATE_FORMAT on your client.

For the latter, search your registry for that value. It may be overridden, BTW, with the SET SESSION syntax.

For the former, revise your search to use either the MM/DD/YYYY or MM/DD/RRRR mask, and post the revised results.

HTH,
dvz