Re: Migrating MS ACCESS database to Oracle8

From: <prince_kumar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/10

You can use "oracle work bench", which can be downloaded from technet.oracle.com site. If your access application has queries with outer joins, you may have to re-write using the oracle sql syntax. (I convert all the sql's with outer joins, into SQL Server views and then migrated everything from SQL Server to Oracle).

Ofcourse, there may be other simple solutions. But the above worked for me.

In article <8hrlbc$hq7$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   capricorn68_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Would you please give me some advice/tips on how to smoothly migrate
> from MS Access to Oracle8 (if there is such a thing)?
> I have never done any migration work so I am stressing over it.
> Thank you very much.
> Lena
> ehouser_at_syntek.org
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Jun 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT