select first x rows from a query

From: Tom <schelhor_at_fh-coburg.de>
Date: 2000/06/09

Hi everybody!

I've a table with several rows. Then I've to run a query like:

    SELECT col1 FROM mytable ORDER BY col3 DESC;

But now I need only the first 3 rows of that resultset. Is there a way to do this in
a SQL-Statement (I know: I could do that using a FOR-loop in a procedure, but
this will cause some other problems ...)

thanx in advance
Tom Received on Fri Jun 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT