Re: Help with INSERT statement

From: <alistair.thomson_at_sphinxcst.co.uk>
Date: 2000/06/09

Hi

I think you should have persevered with SQL*Loader! It might be worth looking at the fields ’aeaiinc_at_aol.com,aeaiinc_at_aol.com’ should this be ’aeaiinc_at_aol.com','aeaiinc_at_aol.com’

Its little things like this that cause havoc with inserts.

HTH AT

In article <sjvt95bsh51144_at_corp.supernews.com>,   "Ramesh Daryani" <rdaryani_at_aurigacorp.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have Oracle8i Release 8.1.5 running under Windows 98.
>
> I have a large CSV file with 87 columns that I want to import into
 oracle. I
> failed. So, I started using INSERT command, in SQL, with fewer and
 fewer
> columns. Finally I was succefull. The INSERT statement accepts column
 names
> only up to 231 charachters.
> How can I increase the size to accomodate 87 columns names?
>
> For the referece enclosed are the two commands. One without error and
 other
> with error 'ORA-00917: missing comma'
>
> Can someone help please?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ramesh Daryani
> rdaryani_at_aurigacorp.com

> Insert into outlook_db1

(Title,FirstName,MiddleName,LastName,Suffix,Company,Department,JobTitle, Busi

nessStreet,BusinessStreet2,BusinessStreet3,BusinessCity,BusinessState,Bu sine

ssPostalCode,BusinessCountry,HomeStreet,HomeStreet2,HomeStreet3,HomeCity )

> Values
> (‘’,’Gopal’,’’,’Kadagather’,’’,’Advanced Engineering Associates
> International Inc.’,’’,’President’,’44 Pleasent Street Suite
 230’,’’ ,’’,’
> Watertown’,’Massachusets’,’2172’,’’,’’,’’,’’,’’);
>
> Message in SQL is
> 1 row created.
> Insert into outlook_db1

(Title,FirstName,MiddleName,LastName,Suffix,Company,Department,JobTitle, Busi

nessStreet,BusinessStreet2,BusinessStreet3,BusinessCity,BusinessState,Bu sine

ssPostalCode,BusinessCountry,HomeStreet,HomeStreet2,HomeStreet3,HomeCity ,Hom

eState,HomePostalCode,HomeCountry,OtherStreet,OtherStreet2,OtherStreet3, Othe

rCity,OtherState,OtherPostalCode,OtherCountry,AssistantsPhone,BusinessFa x,Bu

sinessPhone,BusinessPhone2,Callback,CarPhone,CompanyMainPhone,HomeFax,Ho mePh

one,HomePhone2,ISDN,MobilePhone,OtherFax,OtherPhone,Pager,PrimaryPhone,R adio

Phone,TTYTDDPhone,Telex,Account,Anniversary,AssistantsName,BillingInform atio

n,Birthday,Categories,Children,DirectoryServer,EmailAddress,EmailDisplay Name
> ,Email2Address,Email2DisplayName,Email3Address,Email3DisplayName,Gende
 r,Gove

rnmentIDNumber,Hobby,Initials,InternetFreeBusy,Keywords,Language,Locatio n,Ma

nagersName,Mileage,Notes,OfficeLocation,OrganizationalIDNumber,POBox,Pri orit

y,Private,Profession,ReferredBy,Sensitivity,Spouse,User1,User2,User3,Use r4,W
> ebPage)
>
> Values
> (,’Gopal’,,’Kadagather’,,’Advanced Engineering Associates
 International Inc.
> ’,,’President’,’44 Pleasent Street Suite

 230’, ,,’Watertown’,’Massachusets’,

> ’2172’,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,’(617) 923-4946’,’(617) 923-

0/0/00’,,,’0/0/00’,,,,’aeaiinc_at_aol.com,aeaiinc_at_aol.com’,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,’
> Low’,’TRUE’,,,’Private’,,,,,,);
>
> Error message is
>
> ERROR at line 2:
> ORA-00917: missing comma

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jun 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT