Dont know how to initalize....

From: <al503141_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/08

Hi everybody....Ive just installed Oracle8 (8.0.5) in my computer running windows95 for educational purposes.....I get a succesful installation, and now that I thought I was ready to experiment with it...I get this Repository Login Information Window that wont let me advance in any direction.... it asks for a username, password and service, which I dont have any idea of what to type..... According to my research on this situation I learn that a database was created during the installation and a init.ora file had the parameter for it.....I have tried with no luck searching for them..... Well I guess my question is: What do I need to do to get past the login window?

Thanks in advance...and an apology for those far more advanced in this matters, for my "little" problem....

Adrian

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jun 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT