Re: Whose privileges are missing?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/06/08

The answer to this is roles are *NOT* enabled during stored procedure execution (and compilation). In Oracle 8i you can circumvent this problem by either running the procedure with invokers rights, prior to 8i you have to grant the privilege to the user directly.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Robert Wagner <RobertWagner_at_alum.mit.edu> schreef in berichtnieuws 4AS%4.2184$9E6.23112_at_newsr1.maine.rr.com...
> After some help via email from Marc Melançon <mmelanco_at_sfi-software.com>,
> and reading a bit more in Feuerstein et al's
> "Oracle Built-In Packages" (p.48), I realized that RWDEVELOPER did not
 have
> CREATE VIEW privileges. That solved the problem. I was confused because
> RWDEVELOPER _COULD_ create the view directly without that privilege.
 That's