Re: Compilation Error on Trigger?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/06/07

Type
show errors
or
select * from user_errors
to get the exact error message.
Out of your context nothing seems to be wrong, but it might be your context. Personally I wouldn't use hardcoded schema owners in pl/sql, but it is unlikely that is the problem.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Jim Frohoff <jfro_at_nospam_jps.net> schreef in berichtnieuws f1y%4.578$3p4.23012_at_news.uswest.net...
> I am trying to learn Oracle 8i, installed on an NT box. I created this
> trigger to automatically insert a sequential value into the [newid] field
 in
> my test table "jfrotest". I first created a sequence with index of 1 named
> as "jfrotest_seq" and then wrote the following trigger:
>
> create or replace trigger jfro.jfrotest_BI
> before insert on jfro.jfrotest
> for each row
> declare next_num NUMBER;
> begin
> select jfro.jfrotest_seq.next_val
> into next_num from dual;
> :new.newid := next_num;
> end;
>
> From SQL *Plus, I type this in then hit "/" to compile and run it. All I
 get
> is :
> "Warning : Trigger created with compilation errors"
>
> The trigger won't work as it causes an error when I now try to insert.
 How