database link

From: Yimei Huang <ymhuang_at_ccs.neu.edu>
Date: 2000/06/07

Hi, all,

I have two databases here, one of db1, the other is db2, I am trying to create a database link between this two database(computers) in Oracle SQL*Plus, the script is like:

create Database link dblink
connect to Current_User
using 'db2'; //db2 is service name

and it says: Database link created.

Then I was trying to : "select * from store_at_dblink

the result is:

select * from store_at_dblink

                    *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

??? What is the problem? Do I miss something here?

thanks a lot. Received on Wed Jun 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT