Re: DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE question

From: Markus Schwabe <mschwabe_at_gscout.de>
Date: 2000/06/07

Well, if you are working with Windows, you can code:

SQL> set serveroutput on

SQL> declare
  2 x varchar2(10) := 'HereIAm';
  3 begin

  4    dbms_output.put_line ('   '||x);
  5    dbms_output.put_line (chr(10));
  6    dbms_output.put_line ('   '||x);

  7 end;
  8 /

HereIAm

   HereIAm

PL/SQL-Prozedur wurde erfolgreich abgeschlossen.

SQL> You see, what has happend?
The first contains your DBMS-Statement with Blanks from the Space-Key. The second contains CHR(10) to make a carriage-return. The third DBMS-Statement contains three blanks made by ALT-255 on your keyboard (I don't know if this will work on Unix).

Hth
Markus

Turdcutter <Turdcutter_at_eremove.edu> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 393e373d.153280329_at_news.erols.com...