Re: OCP DBA

From: ninksink <ninksink_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 2000/06/07

Brian Peasland wrote in message <393CF68A.8DC044C3_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>...
>There are five exams. If you want to use just one book, check out Oracle
>8 Certified Professional DBA Certification Exam Guide by Jason Couchman,
>Oracle Press, ISBN: 0-07-212087-8. It's the one stop shop for OCP exams.
>When I studied for the OCP exams, I used more than just this one book.
>You might want to check out other Oracle Press books that are more
>applicable to the specific exam. You can also use the Oracle
>documentation.
>
>HTH,
>Brian

Brian, do you think the Oracle University eLearning FastTracks for Database Administrators is worth the $9300-$12000 and time, or will I be able to pass the 5 exams via the self-taught method. I have one year experience in Oracle 7.x. I created databases, tablespaces, tables, indexes, views, triggers, etc. I really enjoyed using the data dictionary extensively. I even used the now defunct PowerObjects rather successfully. I used Oracle Developer 2000 and Oracle Designer (I think that is what it was called). Unfortunately I have been away from Oracle for about 2 years working on an antiquated system that was "supposed" to migrate to Oracle. I wish to get my skills up to par ASAP so that I can further my career and not stagnate. Received on Wed Jun 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT