Database startup problems

From: SC <s_c_99_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/06/06

Specification: Alpha VMS, Oracle 7.3.3.6

We increased two parameters in init.ora
(db_block_buffers and shared_pool_size). This modification in init.ora started giving us database startup problems and hence I reduced these two parameters back to what they were. I am sure that I didn't change any other parameter.

Even after reverting back all the changes back to what they were, database is still giving problems in starting up. Can any one please shred some light on this problem. startup log file shows following message:-

SVRMGR> connect internal as sysdba
Connected to an idle instance.
SVRMGR> startup open "HEMIS"
ORA-07690: Message 7690 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA SVRMGR> exit

Thanks.

s_c_99_at_hotmail.com Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT