"No more data to read from socket" Exception ..help!!!

From: Eoin Wren <eoin.wren_at_4tel.no>
Date: 2000/06/06

Hi,

I am accessing Oracle 8.0 from java classes that are called from servlets that run on a web server......everything works fine normally....but if I leave application for a while (say 2 hours), and then attempt to use the application again...I get the following exception thrown as soon as I attempt to execute sql in Oracle:

java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket

        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:411)

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions as to what might be wrong??

Thanks,

Eoin Wren

eoin.wren_at_4tel.no Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT