PersonalOracle install hoses AUTOEXEC.BAT under Win98 -- need PATH settings

From: Tim Romano <tim_at_dca.net>
Date: 2000/06/06

The AUTOEXEC.BAT PATH settings get confused during the Personal Oracle 8.1.5 installation process under Windows 98, which causes the SQL Net configuration utilities not to work. (When you click on, say, the SQL Net Easy Config icon, or the Net8 Assistant, the hourglass appears but then no form is painted on the screen.) This is a known problem: according to the Oracle tech support rep I spoke with, the internal document he was reading from unfortunately did not specify a solution to this problem other than to "refresh the autoexec.bat file" without giving what those setting should be. I've rebooted, but to no avail. Could someone who has this combination working please post the relevant PATH settings for Oracle from your AUTOEXEC.BAT file?

Thanks!
Tim Romano

P.S. On other machines running PO8i for Win NT, I've seen these net config programs work several times and then simply stop working. They no longer appear when you click on the icon. I don't know why. Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT