Re: Easy question - how to find table indices

From: <rainbow24k_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/05

I tried:

select * from user_indexes where table_name = 'REQUEST_LINE' order by 1,2;

but it still does not tell me what fields in table REQUEST_LINE are indexed.

How do I find out which fields are indexed in a table? The only way I can do it right now is to go to MS Access, link to the table and go into Access table design mode to see the indices.

In article <8hgii1$6c1$1_at_s2.feed.news.oleane.net>,   "Michel Cadot" <micadot_at_netcourrier.com> wrote:
> You can try:
>
> select table_name, index_name from user_indexes
> order by 1, 2
> /
>
> --
> Have a nice day
> Michel
>
> <rainbow24k_at_my-deja.com> a écrit dans le message :
 8hgfc5$3j9$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> > I would like to know in SQL Plus 3.3 how I can find the indices for
> > table.
> >
> > Thank you in advance. I couldn't find my answer by searching nor in
> > the Oracle book I have.
> >
> > Suzan
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jun 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT