Cannot connect after delete a .DBF file

From: Jack Lai Chok Fung <jack_at_atypon.com>
Date: 2000/06/05

Dear all,

  I have a problem on connecting the Oracle DB after I shut down the DB and remove a database file with extension *.DBF in DOS prompt.

  Now, when I attempt to connect and login, it gives me the following error:

ERROR:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
Enter user-name:

  What can I do to solve this problem? Thanks in advanced.

Yours,
Jack Received on Mon Jun 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT