Getting started with Oracle and JDBC

From: <ajohri_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/05

Hi,

I am new to Oracle and database programming in general, so please excuse this newbie question.

Here is a brief overview of my project:
- Written in pure Java.

Questions:
Can I use Oracle instead of Access97? I used to be able to create a DSN entry in ODBC and connect to it in my Java program. I did not need to run any database application while my application was running. Can I do something similar with Oracle? i.e can I just use a data file in "Oracle format"? I am keen to use Oracle because in the future, the application will be expanded to work with a full Oracle Database server.

Thanks.

AJ

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jun 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT