TCP Tuning on Solaris 2.6/2.7

From: Cicely Kaplan <canuckian_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 2000/06/05

Hi,

I am experiencing an intermittent problem with accessing data from an Oracle Database.
from client to server

After a given oracle session request, the connection may hang until there is more oracle tcp traffic on the machine (client) Once there is another request, the first session will wake up.

I have seen where you can modify the protocol.ora in the $TNS_ADMIN directory and add the
tcp.nodelay=YES line.

to flush the buffer immediately and not to wait for anymore to make the packet transmission more effective.

I have tried this and it didn't seem to help. I know there could be some tcp tuning on UNIX that can be done through ndd. (On server and client) Would this type of tuning affect TCP traffic only? or should I concentrate on trying to tune the Oracle TCP traffic through sqlnet/listener/tnsnames/protocol changes? also with TDU and SDU changes to a block_size multiple value?

I would appreciate any response on how to troubleshoot this problem....

thank you
David Received on Mon Jun 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT