Oracle Discoverer

From: Mike <Smapmenot_at_nospam.co.earth>
Date: 2000/06/05

Hi,

    for one of our minor reporting systems, currently we are using Visual Basic to interrogate an RDB database on an Dec Alpha machine. We are planning to migrate from RDB to Oracle 8 (no forseen problems there).

    For some reason I have been asked to look at replacing the VB side with Oracle Discoverer. Is this as stupid as it sounds? Is discoverer capable of providing a reasonable front end for users with very little PC skills? Has anybody got experience of this product. Any tips would be very helpful, Thanks in Advance

Mike. Received on Mon Jun 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT