Re: problem using long raw in trigger

From: Oleg Fedorenkov <ofed_at_com2com.ru>
Date: 2000/06/04

Hi
I had the same problem. I could only find in docs that it is the restriction for longs in triggers.
May be you should try another datatypes. If you find a solution please mail me.

Oleg Fedorenkov

Minicooper News <Minicooper_at_quadrat.be> wrote in message news:Q3TS4.88$Qt4.2294_at_nreader2.kpnqwest.net...   I need to write a trigger that copies a value out of one table into another and i'm experiencing great troubles in copying the LONG RAW field.

  for example:

  table: Y ( Y1 integer, Y2 varchar2(20), Y3 long raw)   table: X ( X1 integer, X2 varchar2(20), X3 long raw)

  trigger: Y to X before insert or update on Y referencing new as new and old as old for each row

             begin
                  insert into X (X1,X2,X3) values (:new.Y1, :new.Y2,
:new.Y3);
             end;

  now i only get the first 2 values in the table without the long raw !!

  Can any1 help me here !!!!!??????

  mailto:jurgen_at_quadrat.be