Re: Call Package.Procedure from Other Procedure

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2000/06/03

In article <3938BCBA.8BD74B2D_at_forward-hk.com>,   Rayfil Cheung <rayfil_at_forward-hk.com> wrote:
> A procedure F is created in a package P. The F can't be called in a
> procedure O which is not inside the package P. What should I pay
> attention.
> Thanks you very much.
>
> e.g.
> create PACKAGE P as
> PROCEDURE F( inp_para varchar);
> end P;
> /
>
> create PROCEDURE O is
> v varchar;
> begin
> P.F( v );
> -- error:- ORA-06550: line 19, column 4:
> end;
> /

its not the call to p.f, its the declaration of v:

ops$tkyte_at_8i> declare
  2 v varchar;
  3 begin
  4 null;
  5 end;
  6 /
declare
*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06550: line 2, column 3:
PLS-00215: String length constraints must be in range (1 .. 32767)
ORA-06550: line 2, column 3:

PL/SQL: Item ignored

you must

v varchar(N)

where n is some number in 1..32767.

If that does not fix it -- make sure to post the ENTIRE error message. ORA-6550 just means "some error occurred, please look further down the stack to see the *real* error". ORA-6550 by itself is not useful.

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com) Oracle Service Industries
Howtos and such: http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/index.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.