Re: Dynamic Cursors

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: 2000/06/02

On Thu, 01 Jun 2000 10:47:07 -0400, Sam Habbab <sam_at_hasc.com> wrote:

>Is there a way to create a cursor and set the column names dynamically?

Yes there is. I've done it with Rdb, and I've read about how to do it with Oracle. Look at the docs for the built-in DBMS_SQL package, and in particular at the DBMS_SQL.DESCRIBE_COLUMNS procedure.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT