Re: Query Performance

From: Bob Fazio <rfazio_at_home.com.nospam>
Date: 2000/06/02

The likelyhood that the size of the shared pool is his problem is slim to none. The shared pool will effect a lot of things related to overall performance of the system, but it's impact on a single query is slim. You don't change the shared pool unless there is an indication after using utlbstat and utlestat. You then look at your library cache to verify that you are having a low hit ratio in your library or dictionary cache. The first thing that I would really suggest is analyze all tables being referenced in the query, and then I would look at tuning with hints.

--
Robert Fazio, Oracle DBA
rfazio_at_home.com