Re: PHP and Oracle?

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: 2000/06/01

On Thu, 01 Jun 2000 16:32:54 +0200, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Herv=E9?= Piedvache <herve_at_elma.fr> wrote:

>Hi Dennis,
>
>Dennis Edward a écrit :
>>
>> I've got someone in my shop trying to set up PHP on a linux webserver to
>> connect to Oracle on a different host, but the howto isn't in anything he's
>> downloaded so far. Can someone pass on to me a pointer to a FAQ, HOWTO, or
>> just send a set of simple instructions?
>
>To connect PHP and Oracle you need to install the Oracle Server on the
>Linux, the client do not compile with PHP, and PHP 4 only, never get any
>result with PHP 3 ...

I do not believe that is needed. I just did it two days ago. You only need the header files. I threw them in
/usr/src/local/php-4.0.0/ext/oci8/ from the server I believe it was $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo. Though unless they are in the path, you have to change all the brackets from the #INCLUDEs in the header files to quotes.

Brian Received on Thu Jun 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT