Can not connect with Oracle Management Server (OEM)

From: Yulia <yuliam_at_catuity.com>
Date: 2000/06/01

I am a newbie in Oracle administration
and I am trying to install Oracle Enterprise Manager on my WINNT machine to administer Oracle/Solaris database.

When I try to use Oracle Storage Manager/Backup option I always get message like "The wisard can only be launched when you are connected to the Oracle Management Server (OMS). Please connect to the OMS before launching the wisard.

When I try to login to OMS I get the following message:

VTK-1000: unable to connect to management server dev_yuliam. Please verify that you have entered the correct name and status of the Oracle Management Server.

I have no idea what status and where can I get the correct OMS name from.

Please, give me a tip if you already faced something like this and solved it.

Yulia Received on Thu Jun 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT